7-S Framework Checklist Questions.
I previously wrote about the Mckinsey 7-S Framework, and then during my studies, I came across a list of checklist questions for each of the 7 significant areas.
So here we go!
- What is our strategy?
- How do we intend to achieve our objectives?
- How do we deal with competitive pressure?
- How are changes in customer demands dealt with?
- How is strategy adjusted for environmental issues?
- What is not going to change in the future?
- What are our key competitive moats?
- How is the company/team divided?
- What is the hierarchy?
- How do the various departments coordinate activities?
- How do the team members organize and align themselves?
- Is decision-making and control centralized or decentralized? Is this as it should be, given the organizational context?
- Where are the lines of communication, both explicit and implicit?
- What are the central systems that run the organization? Consider financial and HR systems, communications and document storage, and, of course…project management!
- What are the controls, and how are they monitored and evaluated?
- What internal rules and processes does the team use to keep on track?
- Are we using any legacy technology that is outdated and causing significant problems or bottlenecks?
- What are the core values of the organization?
- What is the corporate/team culture?
- How strong are the values
- What are the fundamental values that the company/team was built on?
- How participative is the management/leadership style?
- How effective is that leadership?
- Do employees/team members tend to competitive or cooperative?
- Are there real teams functioning within the organization, or are they just nominal groups?
- What positions or specializations are represented within the team?
- What positions need to be filled?
- Are there gaps in required competencies?
- What are the most vital skills represented within the company/team?
- Are there any skills gaps?
- What is the company/team known for doing well?
- Do the current employees/team members have the ability to do the job?
- How are skills monitored and assessed?